Pages

Monday, October 31, 2016

Death is Heavier Than a Mountain, Sharper Than Thorns and It's Squeezing is Intense

Image result for ‫شَوْكَ النخل‬‎

‘Amr bin ‘Aaas [may Allaah be Pleased with him] used to say, “I find it strange that people die and then come back from death, but are unable to describe death to us.”  (TN: similar to what is known as the  Lazarus phenomenon by doctors today).

When ‘Amr was on his deathbed, his son ‘Abdullah bin ‘Amr asked, “Oh my father! You always used to say, “I find it strange that people die and then come back from death, but are unable to describe death to us” so describe death to us!”

He replied, “My son! Death is too swift to describe. However, I can describe some of what I have experienced. I felt as if Mount Radwah[1] was placed on the back of my neck, as if the thorns of palm trees were placed throughout my body and that my soul was being squeezed  through the eye of a needle.”

At-Tabaqaat al-Kubraa of Ibn Sa’d (No. 5311)




[1]  A famous mountain in the city of Yanbu’ slightly west of al-Madeenah. It measures to be around 2170m high.  

No comments:

Post a Comment