Pages

Monday, January 11, 2016

Wiping over Normal (wool, cotton and the likes) Socks.

It says in Mawsoo’ah al-Fiqhiyyah (39/269):
Issue: Wiping over Normal (wool, cotton and the likes) Socks.

The scholars are in agreement on the permissibility of wiping over normal socks if one experiences difficulty in washing his feet for the Wudhoo.  


The origin of this permissibility comes in the narration in which ‘Alee bin Abee Taalib [May Allaah be Pleased with him] said, “I broke a part of the bone in my arm in the Battle of Uhud, so the flag I was bearing fell from my hand. The Prophet [Peace and Blessings of Allaah be upon him] commanded me, ‘’Bear the flag with your left hand, because you are the flag bearer in the Dunyaa and the Aakhirah.” So I asked, “What should I do about my (normal) socks?” He replied, “Wipe over them.”

It says in Mawsoo’ah al-Fiqhiyyah (39/272):
Issue: The of Wiping Over the Socks (and Shoes)

The wisdom behind it is to cause ease and to remove harm from those who fear difficulty by taking off their socks for the purpose of washing. Especially during the colder days in winter. Furthermore, whilst one is travelling whilst one may be busied with travelling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment