Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

'Uthaymeen Gives Two Benefits in Manhaj

On the authority of Saa’ib bin Yazeed who narrated:

I was sleeping in the (Prophet’s) Masjid when a man woke me up abruptly. When I awoke, I saw ‘Umar bin al-Khattaab who said, “Go and bring those two men to me.” When I summoned them both to ‘Umar, he asked them both, “Where are you from?” They replied, “From Taif.” ‘Umar said, “Had you both been from the people of al-Madeenah, I would have punished you both. Do you raise your voices in the Masjid of the Prophet – Peace and Blessings of Allaah be upon him?”

[Reported by Miskhaat al-Maasbeeh (744); its origin is in Saheeh al-Bukhaaree (470)]

Shaykh Muhammad bin Saaleh al-‘Uthaymeen [may Allaah have Mercy on him] said in explanation:

Here we have at least two lessons:

Firstly, One cannot have a ruling placed on him until the situation is clarified and (if he has made a mistake) until the proof is established upon him. This is because ignorance is an excuse.

Secondly, not all mistakes are of the same level. Some are far worse than others.

[Sharh Miskhaat al-Masaabeeh; Tape 14, 2-3mins] 

No comments:

Post a Comment