Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2022

How did Imaam adh-Dhahabi described himself?

Adh-Dhahabi, the author. [His name is] Muhammad bin Ahmad bin Uthman, the son of Shaykh Abdullah at-Turkmani. Then he [was attributed to] Dimishq (i.e. Damascus), a [follower of the Madhab] Shafi, a reader, a Muhadith, the person who wrote this biography.

He was born in 637H. He compiled many works. People claim that his works are beneficial. A group of people have praised him but he knows himself better. He knows his own deficiencies in knowledge and action – and Allah’s Help is sought and there is no Might nor Power except with Him.

If I can protect for myself my Eman, then how sweet is my success?

Comment:

The most important thing to himself was his Eman and not the books he authored. He researched for years and ended up writing more than 150 books but ultimatey he said – “If I can protect for myself my Eman, then how sweet is my success?”

This is the reality of the religion and Eman and the produce of goodness and a sincere intent. A person constantly checks his Eman and all of this is a means for how a person can strengthen his Eman.

-Shaykh Saaleh aal ash-Shaykh (Allah preserve him)

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=_4wR4j1_OT0

No comments:

Post a Comment