Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Ibn Umar whilst on Mount as-Safa


Reported by Imam Malik bin Anas on the authority of Nafi that he heard Abdullah bin Umar (may Allah be Pleased with him)[1], whilst he was ascended on Mount as-Safa, supplicating::

 

.اللهم إنك قلت : (ادعوني أستجب لكم) و إنك لا تخلف الميعاد

 

O Allah! You said, "Call upon me, I will respond to you" (40:60) and you do not fail on your promises!

وإني أسألك كما هديتني للإسلام  أن لا تنزعه مني حتى تتوفاني وأنا مسلم

And I ask you, just like you guided me to al-Islam, that you do not remove it from me until I die whilst I am still Muslim.

Muwatta of Imam Malik, 1091

 



[1] Imam an-Nawawi said this narration is on the condition of the two Shaykhs (al-Bukhari and Muslim) [al-Majmoo’ 8/68] and is known with the scholars of Hadeeth as “The Golden Chain”


No comments:

Post a Comment